HAM RADIO STUFF

Saturday, May 20, 2006


This Blog is dedicated to Ham Radio. I will post a few pictures of my station here. I have been an active ham for nearly 29 years now. My Ham Radio Call Letters are: KR7Q I enjoy the "old fashion" mode of morse code. I have made contacts all over the world using this tried and true mode of communication. Another aspect of ham radio that I enjoy is building wire antennas. But, I must say the one commercialy built antenna that I have is amzing. It is a 4 element steppir yagi. It is on a 60 foot, tower that cranks down and folds over. The heartbeat of my station is the TenTec Orion -It is a new generation of "software defined radio". It has an amazing reciever. This station continues to pour out hours of enjoyment for me. If you are intersted in Ham Radio or if you have questions about anything you see here - please email me. 73 & good DX! DennisLane KR7Q


This is the 4 element steppir Yagi. The elements are 36 feet across and the boom is 32 feet long.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home